Friday, March 6, 2015

*W*

I used to think I could care less about winning. I mean, I was always competitive, but When u play a game for a living, u just wanna have some fun and $$$. Last summer, I went to play my first ever Live event abroad. That was fun, but not sufficient as I didn't even Cash it. But on my last night, in my favorite and most amazing city of the world, I chopped Heads-Up a side tournament - after 2 hours of playing HU I took it down, and won my first (and only, as of right now) poker trophy.

All my chess trophies are at my parents place, in my old room. Basically it's all there for my dad to look at and reminisce of the time I was going to be the next Gary Kasparov (or whatever). I keep my one Poker trophy above me here in my office, and every-time I need inspiration, I just look at it, waiting for a bigger one to follow and get friends with.



Few months after, I lost HU in a different event, while scoring a way bigger prize. With many of my friends there, happy for me, (as well as my Wife) - I felt kinda crushed. I'm not sure this is the right way to approach that occasion, as I did have an awesome payday - But while all were drinking (with the Funny Luxembourgian guy that beat me), I was thinking mostly about a missed opportunity.
In Online poker, it's all about numbers. In Live Poker, from a Pro point of view, I believe it's the same. But Scoring that *W* makes u feel alive. A good friend of mine, who has nothing to do with any sort of gambling, who told me what he thinks of me and live poker (after hearing my story from my first ever poker-trip) - It sounds like it makes me feel alive.
Oh, and *Talkative*... ;)

In less than 2 weeks Ill be on it again - driven, motivated and more experienced. Hope the cards will be on my side, and that Ill get thereeeeeeeeeeeee.....................................

Maybe in like 20, Ill be also a part of the Hall Of Fame :)

1 comment: