Tuesday, March 3, 2015

"Thinking of life it self"

Wont talk Poker tonight, since Sunday went exactly as discussed in my previous post - Dreams, and Reality :)
So tonight I'll be writing about friends and nuclear threats...

The Israeli Prime Minister just finished addressing the American Congress an hour ago, talking about the Iranian nuclear threat, and the Israeli-American Friendship/Relationship.
Just few days ago, after being accused of responsibility for various internal (Israeli) illnesses (economical, mostly), he explained that even in rough times he "thinks of life itself, and the Nuclear danger called Iran". Basically, the head of my state admits he has no solutions to internal shit, and just thinks of ways to unite his ppl/voters around him, towards upcoming elections (two weeks exactly from today). This is a std way of politicians to approach un-resolvable criticism, practiced by US presidents (for example) as well in the past (latest was: Bush>>Iraq).

Over the last 20 years, I've traveled quite a lot, mostly thanks to my various occupations (Chess, Business, Poker). I've met Christians, Muslims, American and European Jews (and non Jews), Arabs, South Americans, Aussies etc... Some were nice, some weren't. Some liked me, some didn't (when I was 13, I was verbally abused for the only time in my life for being Jewish, by a stupid Ukrainian kid who had no idea I speak Russian. On the bright side, he got snap-bitch-slept in the face by his Chess coach, BTW). That's all normal...
Among the ppl I met were few Iranian (Chess Players) and Lebanese guys (Poker) too. All of them were super nice and friendly, happy to discuss whatever and share (while obv knowing my nationality) - They all could care less about Politics. So how come Politicians make war, while ppl are usually happy to live in Peace? I won't discuss the Arab-Israeli conflict, as it's too complicated, and I'm not even sure it's resolvable - but those guys should be my enemies, so how come we became friends? Maybe life itself might be ok, and it's the big guys which make it crappy and complicated?

I am thinking of life itself, daily. It's my hope for a bright future, for my self and my family (current, and also future - to make my Polish Mom happy).
Actually, that's the main reason why I do what I do for a living -  That hope, those dreams (practically un-achievable in any other way).
But *life itself*, in Israel in 2015, isn't war, nor BS Nuclear threats. It's about being able to afford buying your self a house, a car. It's about having a sustainable life style.

Fuck Politics

1 comment: