Sunday, March 22, 2015

Tilt

First (and last?) post from Malta.
Been here for full 4 days now, and it's mostly been fun (and hard work). I'm 2/2 in cashes in tournaments, with the biggest event of all starting tomorrow.

I'm tilted.

Tilt is a mental situation discovered and practiced by all Poker players at some point of their game experience... Most of them go trough it when they get unlucky in specific spots (while normally forgetting how lucky they were just few moments ago). 
No pro should get tilted tho from that kind of S***, as it's just a part of the game you have to except as unavoidable. I only tilt when I make mistakes, and that's exactly what happened to me today, busting me out from the "Italian poker Main Event".
I def try to learn and improve from every such *incident*, but since those don't happen often as I don't play live poker much, It's hard for me no to take it personally.. I will most def have to improve that part of my mental preparation, if i'll be continuing playing those big events, and potentially making big mistakes. I'm more than happy taking tips on this subject, so please feel free commenting.

Tomorrow is a new day, and luckily I will be fresh and ready to go for our EPT-ME-Malta adventure.

Until next time... When ill start forgiving myself...

1 comment:

  1. Mistakes are part of this game, the only thing we can do is learn from them and try to minimize them. your live experience is still not big and therefor mistake can occur even more, you made good results. don't be harsh on yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete